Resources

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What I Learned in EDUC 422


When I first started EDUC 422 I believed that technology integration was applying an I Pad or computer to creating and projecting a lecture presentation or perhaps a website.  My biggest take-away from this course was just how much in the dark I was in technology.   Website development, online research tools, presentation development, and online programing are just a few of the many subjects that were introduced to me in this class. The issue that the course changed my mind was on the use of social media.  Previous to taking this course I believe that social media was an invasion of my privacy and I resisted creating a Facebook or Twitter account.  Now I realize how important a positive digital tattoo is in this modern world and especially how important it is to the educational system.  Additionally this class changed the way I will integrate technology into my classroom.   I will use the flipped classroom because it has the advantage in developing a professional online lecture that the students could view and learn the material at their own pace.  I will also use my website and Twitter to communicate with my students, parents, and fellow teachers. 

1 comment:

  1. Matt,
    You've worked really hard and learned so much in this course. Thanks for always being willing to listen to and try new ideas. I wish you all the best as you move forward with your teaching career.

    ReplyDelete